Bluetooth mouse compatibility

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini M1 running OS 13.1.1. I seek to get away from a corded mouse. I have tried a couple of 'el cheapo' bluetooth mice bought thru eBay. The first one was slow and movement control was hopeless and slow to respond. The second one is better but the cursor disappears off screen to the top left hand side. It requires several taps of the left mouse button to bring it back into use. After using it, it disappears once more.
My query:
If I buy a better quality bluetooth mouse, will it respond (behave) any better than the 'el cheapo' versions ?
If you've experienced this problem, what would you recommend ?

Reaction score
I use an 'Apple Magic Mouse 2', it works perfectly, but I also have a cheap 'Trust' mouse which also works perfectly.

Reaction score
Thanks Lufbrarunner, I'm happy for you but with respect, your answer is not answering my query. And you'd be correct in assuming I am not prepared to abuse my credit card by donating to Apple's high priced solutions. Anybody else got an answer ?

Reaction score
I think I have solved the problem with the erratic behaviour of my bluetooth mouse. On it's underside, at either end, it has a small crescent shaped "skid pad". Looking at it now, I see fluff around the edges of these skid pads. In attempting to clean them I discovered each skid pad has a thin plastic protective cover as in a skin. I haave removed each "skin" and Lo and Behold, the mouse now appears to work normally and doesn't wander off the screen. Marvellous ! I just looked at Apple's Magic mouse, my price A$109 ! My Chines eBay sourced BT mouse cost me under A$8.00.

Reaction score
Thanks Lufbrarunner, I'm happy for you but with respect, your answer is not answering my query. And you'd be correct in assuming I am not prepared to abuse my credit card by donating to Apple's high priced solutions. Anybody else got an answer ?
What I am saying is that price is not relevant. A cheap mouse will do the job. Having said that I have more functionality with the Magic Mouse. Happy to hear you have now solved your problem.

Ask a Question