Keyboard and Mouse bluetooth problem - ahhh

Reaction score
Hi,
After pairing with my headphones last week my wireless keyboard/ mouse will not pair with iMac.OS Sierra version 10.12.6. I have spent a week doing everything I could to repair this/ followed all instructions could find... removed bluetooth files, debugged ...many hours. I was getting no device connection but tonight my iPhone connected and UE Boom speaker ( checking to see if would ).. ... Still no keyboard or mouse- the things I need connected .!
Have run hardware diagnostics and got all clear.. Am wondering if anyone has any idea. Could this be a virus that is specifically causing these two devices to not pair? I'm confused and frustrated...
Many thanks for your help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I haven't ever seen a virus cause an issue like this, especially since other devices do connect.

-Which exact model Mac?
-Which brand/model are the keyboard and mouse - Apple?
-Do they have fresh batteries or are they fully charged?
-Do you have a USB keyboard/mouse to work with to troubleshoot?
-Have you tried connecting the keyboard/mouse to the iPhone via Bluetooth?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory
I’m sorry I didn’t see this reply to my post so thank you for your help . My problem was resolved eventually .. it took a week of trying all “remedies “- many reboots and trials .. I do not know what eventually fixed this malfunction . One day I came to my computer and it would connect .. and now have Bluetooth functionality ... thanks again for your kind reply

Ask a Question