Keyboard AND Mousepad have died

Reaction score
Hi! I usually use my MacBook with a cinema screen and external keyboard and mouse plugged in. The other day I unplugged the Macbook and used it on its own - and the built-in keyboard and mousepad refused to respond. I've rebooted many times now but they still fail to respond. The only way to use the Macbook is now with an external keyboard and might mouse.
Please help me if you can think why this is happening :confused: ... MANY THANKS, Adam.

PS : I sucessfully installed the keyboard firmware update Apple sent last week.

MacBook Black, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2 GB RAM

(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Hi! I usually use my MacBook with a cinema screen and external keyboard and mouse plugged in. The other day I unplugged the Macbook and used it on its own - and the built-in keyboard and mousepad refused to respond. I've rebooted many times now but they still fail to respond. The only way to use the Macbook is now with an external keyboard and might mouse.
Please help me if you can think why this is happening :confused: ... MANY THANKS, Adam.

PS : I sucessfully installed the keyboard firmware update Apple sent last week.

MacBook Black, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2 GB RAM

(e-mail address removed)

Did you have this problem before the firmware update?
http://macmost.com/macbook-keyboard-problem.html

Reaction score
nope - never ...

According to what I've heard (don't quote me), it's the last keyboard firmware update that Apple sent that's causing the problem and people were able to fix this problem by downloading and installing the firmware update before this current one. If indeed, this is the problem (it could certainly be something else) I would just continue to use the external keyboard and mouse until the next firmware update (unless your hair is turning white in the process) and if that doesn't do the trick, I would consider, after doing a bit of research, installing the older firmware update if I deemed it appropriate. :)

Ask a Question