Internet Connection Issues

Reaction score
Forgive me if this post is in the wrong forum as I am new to this message board. I have a 15in Macbook Pro that is part of the 2010 line. Until recently things were running great and I had no complaints but now things are all messed up.

I have a wireless network in my apartment and for some reason I am connected to the network but the internet does not seem to load or want to work correctly. At first I thought it was an issue with my provider because I can use my neighbors wireless without any issue. But then last night after doing all of the resetting steps provided to me by my internet provider I tested my network using my iPad and it works just fine, but still my Mac will not connect to my network properly. I am going to test my connection using an ethernet cord this weekend and even test the connection my PS3 and other computer gets on the network but I am hoping it is just a setting I have on my Mac that is providing all of the issues.

I am not really a computer guy and if I can avoid having a technician from the cable company come out and tell me there is nothing wrong on their end (then charge me for it), that would be great.

Thank you all in advance for your help and patience.

Ask a Question