Mac Internet Connection Issues

Reaction score
My internet had been having some serious issues, requiring us to eventually replace both the router and recently the modem with new ones. The internet was more or less working for everything, cutting out less than usual, until something odd happened. My macbook pro stopped being able to connect to the network (always just get the bouncing wifi bars in the top bar). However, the internet's been working on all the other computers and on my iPhone perfectly. Even weirder, I can connect on my computer when I'm in the office, with the modem and router, but it cuts out once I exit the room- and no other device is limited to being in the same room as the modem+router. I tried deleting the network, restarting my computer, turning on and off Airport, etc., and no change. Any ideas?

Reaction score
We never use the WiFi built into router/modems, I recommend getting either a TimeCapsule or Apple Basestation.

Ask a Question