Installing Applications

Reaction score
When I try to install any applications, it tells me that my Apple ID hasn't been used yet so maybe I didn't create it yet. So then I try to create it, I immediately get a message that my session has timed out. This has happened numerous times over the past weeks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Are you trying to install applications from the App Store?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Are you trying to install applications from the App Store?

C
Thank you for responding to my question. I'm trying to get apps from the app store. The model is MacBook pro OS x Yosemite 10.10.5

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No problem.

Have you ever purchased/downloaded apps from the App Store app previously? Or, have you purchased from the iTunes Store on your Mac or an iPhone/iPad? That would be the Apple ID to use.

In the App Store app, click Store in the menu bar and see if you are logged in with your Apple ID. If so, try signing out and then sign back in and try again.

What app(s) are you trying to purchase?

C

Reaction score
No problem.

Have you ever purchased/downloaded apps from the App Store app previously? Or, have you purchased from the iTunes Store on your Mac or an iPhone/iPad? That would be the Apple ID to use.

In the App Store app, click Store in the menu bar and see if you are logged in with your Apple ID. If so, try signing out and then sign back in and try again.

What app(s) are you trying to purchase?

C
I'm new to Apple and havent purchased anything. When I try to set up an apple id, I keep getting the message that I've timed out. I have Microsoft office to install and need to upgrade to Catalina

Reaction score
At this point, if I can't install the Microsoft office, I just want to be able to get the Apple versions of word processing and graphics program.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

If you have Microsoft Office to install on disc, you don't need an Apple ID, just your user password. If you are trying to purchase Microsoft Office from the App Store, then you will need an Apple ID.

You could try to create an Apple ID outside of the App Store app at this link: Create Your Apple ID

Let us know if that works for you,

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

If you have Microsoft Office to install on disc, you don't need an Apple ID, just your user password. If you are trying to purchase Microsoft Office from the App Store, then you will need an Apple ID.

You could try to create an Apple ID outside of the App Store app at this link: Create Your Apple ID

Let us know if that works for you,

C
The challenge I'm having is that it's telling me I need to upgrade to Catalina in order to install Microsoft office.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, not sure where that requirement is coming from. Currently, the App Store shows that the Microsoft Office apps (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) only require 10.13 (High Sierra) or later. Microsoft's site shows the requirement to be the same - 10.13 (High Sierra) or later.

The latest versions of Apple's Pages/Numbers/Keynote only require 10.14 (Mojave) or later.

-Where are you trying to install Microsoft Office from?
-Did you try creating an Apple ID at the link I added above?

C

Ask a Question