uninstalling updates for applications

Reaction score
I recently upgraded a few of the programs I have on my Mac using the software update function.
One of the programs that I updated was the one that I use most and it will not open anymore.
Is there a system restore on Macs as there is on PC's where you can reset your computers system to a few days before or uninstall the update that I downloaded?
Any suggestions anyone?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

What 'specific' Applications are you trying to revert ?

Unfortunately, there isn't a Sytem Restore on a Mac. (It's coming in the next version !)

regards

Ric

Reaction score
The program is Logic pro 7. I was quite happy with the way it was working and I just want to get the program back to how it was before I updated it.
Is there not a way that I can undo the upgrades that I have recently downloaded.
mat

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there mat,

the only way is to trash the Logic Pro Application, then reload from the original disk, then when Software update wants to update it, say no.

You may also want to look at some software such as SuperDuper, with this you can make backups...and then roll back to an earlier state if needed.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question