Install OS 9 on my powerbook

Reaction score
I have an eMac computer running 10.5.8 in one partition and OS 9 in the other. I also have a PowerBook G4, partitioned in two, with one partition completely erased. Can I hook up a firewire between them, copy the OS9 files (including system folder, applications, etc.) to the PowerBook, then expect it to run system 9 immediately. I don't know if I've completely figured out the system "blessing" procedure.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

From memory, I don't believe that will work, since different Mac models had different extensions and System Enablers depending on their hardware. Do you have a Mac OS 9 installer disc?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

From memory, I don't believe that will work, since different Mac models had different extensions and System Enablers depending on their hardware. Do you have a Mac OS 9 installer disc?

C
Thanks for the reply, Cory. What I think I know now is that I can download a "universal" OS9 install disc from the site, Mac OS9 Lives, which is supposed to boot up essentially any power G4 computer. I'm still not completely sure about the "blessing" procedure, but there are instructions which are supposed to explain that. Got to try it.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

From what I remember, "Blessing" is only needed when you are running OS 9 in Classic mode via OS X. If you have an actual OS 9 installer, that step is done by the installer and can be skipped.

C

Ask a Question