.ics meeting invite can't be added to Mac Calendar

Reaction score
Running OS 10.9.5. When I double-click a .ics file (sent from Microsoft Outlook) attached to an email (in my Mac Mail), the event is not added to my Mac Calendar. I am also unable to drag it to the Calendar. The Calendar will come into focus but the event won't be added. The following message appears in the Mac Console:

"Couldn't find an enabled CalDAV account, or a local calendar. Not processing message."

I have tried the following without success:

Deleted all .ics files in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads

Dragged the .ics file to the name of the calendar in list of calendars (there is only one - Calendar)

Saved .ics file to Desktop and tried to open from there (.ics files are set to be opened with Calendar)

In Calendar, tried to File – Import

In addition:

Analyzed .ics file here: http://icalvalid.cloudapp.net , the .ics file scored 99/100. There was a message, “The VERSION property should be the first copy of the calendar.” The file version is 2.0.

However, if I create a new event in Mac Calendar and drag that event to Desktop, I am then able to drag the .ics file that was created back to the Calendar and successfully add the event.

Thank you for your help.

Ask a Question