how long til a newer macbook is released?

Reaction score
hi,
really looking forward to buying my macbook (2ghz, 1gb mem & 80gb hard drive) but i'm not sure how long these models have been at this price and i'd hate to buy this tomorrow and then 2 months later see they've brought a better computer out for a similar price.

i don't have a clue how long these models have been at their current price. does anyone have any idea when apple are planning to improve these types of macbook? i want to know if it's worth waiting or not, especially since i'm so anxious to buy right now!!! :)

Reaction score
Hello again Scott!

It was either 2 weeks ago or a week ago that Apple released the New MacBooks that now feature the Intel Core 2 chipsets. Who knows when the next release will be. It may be 6 months; it may be a year. But the nice thing with Apple products is that they maintain their resell value well. So if a new one came along in 6 months or a year, you can always sell it to a friend or post it on Ebay with only a small loss of money on your part. I would not expect a price drop on the computers anytime soon. The prices on computers have not dropped since the initial Intel Chip release. But the performance has gone up while price hasn't. So I think this prices will be around for a while yet. I open it up for others in inject their thoughts here.

I hope this helps!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hello again Scott!

It was either 2 weeks ago or a week ago that Apple released the New MacBooks that now feature the Intel Core 2 chipsets. Who knows when the next release will be. It may be 6 months; it may be a year. But the nice thing with Apple products is that they maintain their resell value well. So if a new one came along in 6 months or a year, you can always sell it to a friend or post it on Ebay with only a small loss of money on your part. I would not expect a price drop on the computers anytime soon. The prices on computers have not dropped since the initial Intel Chip release. But the performance has gone up while price hasn't. So I think this prices will be around for a while yet. I open it up for others in inject their thoughts here.

I hope this helps!

Cheerio
Searay

yeah, great thanks! spoke to apple before reading this too, just to ask about finance, they said same thing.

Ask a Question