Inserting a long excel chart in Word For Mac 2011

Reaction score
I need to insert an excel chart that is a little more than a page long into a Word document. When I try to do this, using the Insert>Object>Excel chart function, the chart inserts up to the end of the page into which it's inserted, but the rest of it is cut off, and the document text continues on the next page. I've tried all sorts of work-arounds to get the whole chart to insert, but nothing has worked so far. Can anyone please help me with this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Microsoft Office?

As I understand that function, it will only show part of a larger, multiple page Excel chart/sheet that has been inserted into a Word document. The recipient should be able to double-click it and view the entire sheet. Also, I think you can click the chart, then use the resize handles to make it fit the page?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Microsoft Office?

As I understand that function, it will only show part of a larger, multiple page Excel chart/sheet that has been inserted into a Word document. The recipient should be able to double-click it and view the entire sheet. Also, I think you can click the chart, then use the resize handles to make it fit the page?

C
10.12.6, Sierra
Word For Mac 2011i
Double clicking the spreadsheet does bring up the entire spreadsheet (in a separate window), but will that work on another computer (i.e., the publisher's?) Resizing the spreadsheet won't do. If it's any smaller, the contained images will be illegible.Tx.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks.

-It depends on what version the recipient is running.
-What kind of publishing?

C

Ask a Question