Inserting tracks in an existing DVD

Reaction score
What app or procedure would I use to insert tracks (preferably named tracks) into a one-long-track dvd to enable a user of the resulting dvd to use Previous and Next?
thanks.
Ed
(video idiot)
iMac, OS Yosemite

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Is this a commercial or self-authored DVD?
-Do you mean re-author the DVD to insert chapters that the current version doesn't have?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Is this a commercial or self-authored DVD?
-Do you mean re-author the DVD to insert chapters that the current version doesn't have?

C
Hello,
Not commercial.
I think the answer to your second question is yes.
Somebody filmed an amateur performance 35 years ago and it somehow got on vhs. A service is going to process it for me, and the current plan is to put it on 2 or 3 dvd discs, no tracking. I would like for the discs to permit Previous and Next operations. Wondered if I could do that myself. I have also been offered the option of putting the vhs on a thumb drive in .avi. I know little about that format or how to work with it but have been told that tracks can be put in by somebody who knows how. (and then make dvd's of it?) Since the transfer from vhs to another medium is all done in real (expensive) time, I can't afford to have it done both ways. I have about decided just to accept the dvd discs and not worry about tracking, menu, etc. Thanks for help. I am in over my head here. Ed

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Most VHS to DVD transfer services do offer chapters. If you don't mind, what company are you using? I would be happy to take a look at their website.

I would stay away from the USB thumb drive in AVI format. Macs don't play well with AVI files.

It would be quite an undertaking to re-author the DVDs yourself and add chapters. It requires a couple of pieces of software, and is best done if you have some familiarity.

C

Ask a Question