Problem with tracks in GarageBand '11, verson 6.0.5

Reaction score
Hi, newcomer to Garageband here. I started a project, adding successive vocal tracks without a problem. But now when I try to start a new track, it starts at the beginning of the project, presumably dubbing over what I previously recorded. I must have hit some keys inadvertently to cause this. How can I make the new track start right after the previous track, as I was doing, not going back to the beginning. Hope this is clear.

Thanks, bixntram

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X?
-Are you actually adding a new track, or trying to start recording on the same track where you last stopped?
-Are you using the mouse to start the recording, or using the keyboard commands?
-You should be able to drag the playhead to the end of the last segment recorded, and when you click the record button, it should start from there.
-Can you upload a screenshot of what the project looks like?

C

Reaction score
Hi, Cory. Running El Capitan 10.11.6. Hope this screen shot goes through. I was adding a new track, just to keep "track" of what I was doing. I did drag the playhead to the end of the last segment, but when I hit the record button, the new track started recording at the beginning of the whole project. I hit the red button with the mouse.

I started a completely new project and it seems it work fine, namely starting the new track and the end of the previous one. Go figure. I must have hit a wrong keyboard command when thrasing around.

Thanks for your help. I'm under pressure to get these audio additions in ASAP, so it's been nerve wracking.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 9.49.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 9.49.56 PM.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 313

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what you could have done, but at least it is working with a new file. I can't get it to replicate here in GarageBand 6.0.5.

Good luck with the project,

C

Reaction score
You might want to visit the Apple App Store. I recently downloaded GarageBand 10.2.0 and they've added a significant number of new features. I run macOS Sierra (10.12.6), so I don't know if it will run under El Capitan, but you could look for its system requirement. I think there's a strong possibility it will run on your system.

Ask a Question