iWeb website published but I've no longer got iWeb.. help!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My website was built and published using iWeb, which came with my old MacBook Pro. My old friend has suffered a hard drive failure and I've lost everything, back up has failed too... grrrrr. I am now on a 'new to me' MacBook, Sierra installed. My website is published and hosted but I can't edit it. Any ideas?

I really liked iWeb, found it very easy, and so I have been searching and searching for a an old copy of it. Every link I've found and downloaded has just been an update and you needed to have a copy of iWeb installed, which of course I haven't. Does anyone have a link to the actual program? It has struck me though that even if I found one it might not work on Sierra but there are lots of updates available on the Apple website.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I need to update my website, it's quite large and I don't want to have to start from scratch again, I just want to edit it!

Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks :)

Reaction score
Update: I've managed to access it with Fetch and do the urgent edits. I'm looking for something to replace iWeb though, that I can download my current website into. Any recommendations out there?

Reaction score
Over the last couple macOS upgrades I've done, I noticed iWeb was missing from my Applications Folder. I dug out an older clone of my HD with an older OS and found iWeb there. I simply dragged it into my App folder and it runs great. And I just checked for updates, and I have the most recent version.

Sorry your old backup failed. That bolsters mine an Honestone's DNA-embedded beliefs in having redundant backups. I keep TimeMachine current, but I keep THREE clones of my HDs and even keep a couple of archived clones for old stuff I might want to retrieve in the future.

Ask a Question