Iweb website title length - HELP!

Reaction score
Hi, long time stalker, first time user to the forum!

We decided to update our website to a better layout and my son designed a new layout on IWeb. (previously using wordpress without issues!)
Happy with the layout etc, BUT now it has uploaded the following:
http://www.cleavagedownunder.com/http___www.cleavagedownunder.com_/CleavageDownUnder_Home_Page.html

(note the site is an 80s musical comedy act, not what you night think!) The whole link does not seem to come up, but it is repeated three times.

All I want (as it was with Wordpress) a single name of the site, and then /blah.html or jpg etc....

I have been onto my ISP provider who suggested the change is in the IWeb programme. I got onto Apple on line help and they were AWFUL and ended up stating it was the ISP fault and stopped the online conversation. I am now regretting the whole Apple experience as I want to like the Mac.
I have had the IMac for over a year, but am more and more frustrated with this lack of help from the maker (I guess expected) but I am still no closer to fixing my drama here of a stupid spam sounding webpage that has the same name 3 times. can anyone help a "Mac challenged" individual as I am out of ideas.
PS we tried leaving the site name out of the upload site page on IWeb, but is still defaults to the X3 long title!
The wordpress setup was so much easier, but they cant offer the setup that IWeb has.

Any help would be great (and far better than what the apple people were!)

Cheers
Captain Fancypants from CDU the comedy band.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello Captain Fancypants :)

Firstly, a big hello up there from down here in Tas :)

I checked out the link and while the site looks great! I can see the problem with the URL addie ...

I can empathise with you re: Apple ... I have had horror stories with them too .... but let's try to put that aside because in all honesty, it's places like mac-help that tries to offer a much more grounded and friendly atmosphere to all that find there way here.

I'm no expert with iWeb as I use RapidWeaver which is a drag-n-drop for the dummies type of app, but with really great templates.

Did you import your previous website from WordPress into iWeb (I don't even know if that's possible) ... There must be somewhere in iWeb's preferences where you entered your websites URL address ...

Unfortunately we are a bit thin on the ground here ... it might be worth PM'ing Ric, who is the admin of mac-help ... he might be able to fast track a solution while the rest of us try to juggle our family life with volunteer work here :)

PM Ric here ...

I'll try to find as much as I can in the mean time but it's late here and time for bed .... :)

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the reply so quickly. Will PM him tommorow, also beddie time here! :)

Hello Captain Fancypants :)

Firstly, a big hello up there from down here in Tas :)

I checked out the link and while the site looks great! I can see the problem with the URL addie ...

I can empathise with you re: Apple ... I have had horror stories with them too ....

I'll try to find as much as I can in the mean time but it's late here and time for bed .... :)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
while i was getting ready for nighty nights ... I was tossing the problem around in my head and wondered who is hosting your website ... and whether or not you kept the site up while you changed from wordpress to iweb .... also I wondered if the problem was with the html file ... ?

Is it feasible to bring the site down then re-up it again ... or is that to labour/brain intensive?

Reaction score
Now getting desperate again! Iweb is still putting the underscores in the title, and aside from now losing one of my sites trying to fix the index file, it is still not working for me. I even looked at seeing if rapidweaver could import Iweb which seems it cant :-( Any clues?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Did you hear back from Ric? I have asked you some questions which still need answers before we can work through this ...

Ask a Question