SOLVED How do I stop the "Preview" pop-up page when I click on a link?

Reaction score
When I click on a link, a new page pops up and hides the information that I was looking for. I am not sure if this is called a Preview but it always shows what I am looking for but with a very limited amount of information. Clicking the back < button takes me back to the original link page. This is a real nuisance that just recently started happening. Help

Reaction score
When I click on a link, a new page pops up and hides the information that I was looking for. I am not sure if this is called a Preview but it always shows what I am looking for but with a very limited amount of information. Clicking the back < button takes me back to the original link page. This is a real nuisance that just recently started happening. Help
It’s not clear what kind of “click” you are doing. From what application (Finder, Safari, Mail…) and is it a click-and-hold, right-click, or a simple short click. What does the “Preview” look like—perhaps a Quick Look image, or the link source address?

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. The popup page occurs when I do a short click on a link in an email (in Safari). It has something to do with Mandrillapp.com which, as far as I can figure is an App that retailers use. I have two MacBooks and it doesn't happen on the older MacBook which has Safari 15.6.1 running Monterey ver 12.5.1. The newer MacBook (with the problem) has Safari 16.3 running Ventura 13.2.1. I've compared the Settings in Safari menu's of both machines and they appear to be identical. Here's the link that the issue is occurring on: Dynaco ST-70 - New, Custom Build - Beautiful!

Reaction score
Problem solved! I did additional comparisons of Safari settings and found the "problem" was that the Safari "Websites" setting was allowing Reader to open the popup. I turned it off for that website and problem solved. I'll remember this in when it happens on other websites too. Tony, thank you for your reply which prompted me to do additional comparisons between the two Macs Safari settings.

Reaction score
Problem solved! I did additional comparisons of Safari settings and found the "problem" was that the Safari "Websites" setting was allowing Reader to open the popup. I turned it off for that website and problem solved. I'll remember this in when it happens on other websites too. Tony, thank you for your reply which prompted me to do additional comparisons between the two Macs Safari settings.
Good job. I never thought about that setting because as far back as I can remember, I always had that disabled for all sites.

When I have time to spare, I like to go through the settings for apps that I use regularly. If you’re new to Ventura, going through the new System Settings can be a whole new experience. Can be overwhelming sometimes. Now multiply that with all the other apps that you run on a regular basis… I thought I had good mastery of Adobe Illustrator (been using it since Illustrator 88—remember that?) until I started work on a new project that required features I don’t use regularly. Nightmare. Made me realize how little I knew.

Ask a Question