Adobe Indesign Licensing for this Product has Stopped Working help please

Reaction score
I have a 2008 IMAC desktop running OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 with 4GB RAM. I have been having intermittent shutdown issues for a while and last night got an ERROR 8 while running the First Aid Disk Utility. The computer would not reboot this morning, shutting down halfway through startup each time.

I restored with Time Machine...and most things now seem to work except for my InDesign Suite CS3. It gives me an error of LICENSING FOR THIS PRODUCT HAS STOPPED WORKING.

I tried installing the ADOBE PATCH I see online for this, but the PATCH PROGRAM loads up then also STOPS WORKING.

Any advice for a fix for this would be greatly appreciated....Sadly, I don't think my CD drive on my computer works anymore...Spits the CD out each time with no spinning sounds...

My computer is a work machine...so there isn't much chance of a new computer...

Thank you for any help and advice...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.39.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.39.39 PM.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 9

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It sounds like you may have the beginnings of hard drive failure or other hardware issues. As the error states, you may need to uninstall and reinstall. If your optical drive isn't working, you may need to purchase an external USB drive to complete that operation.

Also, I suggest contacting Adobe Support, since it is a very old version of Creative Suite to verify that authorization for CS3 is still operational.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory. My apologies for not replying sooner as I have been trying to get a new Mac up and running in between putting out a newspaper. I have a new Apple M1 running macOS Ventura 13.1
Yes, my old CS3 suite was no longer being authorized by Adobe, so I made due on an older MAC around the office for a few weeks until the new one arrived. Some research revealed Adobe no longer provides activation for suites CS5 and below.
After using CS3 (and my same old MAC) since 2008 this new equipment is taking some time getting used to. Still trying to find workarounds for older MACs in the office to connect with mine and for their older CS3 and CS5 software to open my files.
Most of my issues seem to be with connectivity, so perhaps in time things will improve.
Have you heard anything about the newer Affinity Publisher as an alternative to Adobe products? It sounds like a much cheaper and non-subscription product.
Thank you again for all your help.
Luke

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi Luke,

I apologize as well for the very delayed reply.

Yes, I have used the Affinity suite of applications - Designer/Photo/Publisher. They are a great substitute for Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign for most folks. However, InDesign has much more functionality, and may be more compatible with higher-end professional print houses. They do have a 30-day trial available.

Let us know if you are still having issues with local network sharing and your publishing software.

C

Ask a Question