Macbook Air fan stopped working, even after fan replacement

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Macbook air A1932 and the fan has stopped working. I took it to a repairer who replaced the fan, he tested the new fan and said it was functional but didn't trial it while the computer was on and using CPU. Now that I have my computer back the fan still does not turn on and the computer gets hot pretty quick, and then begins to operate very slowly. During all this, the computer started to make a strange noise coming from the top right corner of the keyboard. A bleeping noise every 10 seconds which sounds similar to a water droplet. Has anyone encountered this issue before and what should I do? I have also run the diagnostics both before and after I had the fan replaced which gave me the reference code PPF004 which I believe is fan related.

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Macbook air A1932 and the fan has stopped working. I took it to a repairer who replaced the fan, he tested the new fan and said it was functional but didn't trial it while the computer was on and using CPU. Now that I have my computer back the fan still does not turn on and the computer gets hot pretty quick, and then begins to operate very slowly. During all this, the computer started to make a strange noise coming from the top right corner of the keyboard. A bleeping noise every 10 seconds which sounds similar to a water droplet. Has anyone encountered this issue before and what should I do? I have also run the diagnostics both before and after I had the fan replaced which gave me the reference code PPF004 which I believe is fan related.
Is the “repairer” an Apple Authorized Service Provider? Even if otherwise, anybody in this business should be able to guarantee their work. You should be able to bring your Mac back to fix this problem.

Ask a Question