MacBook Air 2015 does not switch on

Reaction score
Hi

My MacBook Air does not wan’t to switch on anymore. I noticed that problem earlier, that I had to hold power button longer before it starts, but now it’s totally dead. Have tried:
1. Connecting/disconnecting the charging cable during process;
2. Disconnected the battery;
3. Checked that IO board cable;
4. Checked the screen connection;
None of those didn’t had any effect. So, my question is that do I have to replace the logic board or IO board?
Nothing seems to be wrong with battery as it goes to charging mode after I have connected the charger and succesfully charges to green light.

Veiko

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It may actually be the top case/power button. It could also be the logic board/IO board...tough to tell without having hands-on. Sounds like you have done the proper troubleshooting to this point.

C

Reaction score
It isn’t the power button because I tried that alternate power on (cntr-option-del) as well. I assume logic board, but I’m not sure should MacBook power on when non-functional IO board is disconnected and I’m not sure that I disconnected the proper cable. I disconnected the cable that seems to look like data cable on top, while there is another cable to that board, which small wires. As lot of users have complaint about IO boards in that type of MacBook Air, my first conclusion was that I have to replace the IO board or at least that cable in top. But of course didn’t yet ordered it before I’m 100% sure. Having an extra IO board for non functional MacBook doesn’t make sense to me :)

Ask a Question