SOLVED How do I delete album artwork on audio files in Big Sur 11.2? Thanks

Reaction score
I go into the new Apple Music app and select get info, go to album artwork—this is how I used to do it up until this point in iTunes—but hold control for a drop down menu (where the delete option used to be) and no such menu appears.

Thanks. If some of this doesn't make sense to you, please ask questions. I don't know all the lingo.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Yes, I believe that function was removed. You can still drag and drop new art into the window.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory. But I want the art deleted. Is that no longer possible? Is it possible outside of Apple Music? Thanks :)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Understood.

There isn't a way in the Music app to completely delete the album art as there was previously. You may be able to export the file from Music, remove the art with a third-party application, then reimport it, but I haven't done that myself.

Are these audio files purchased via iTunes/Music, or other imported audio files?

C

Ask a Question