SOLVED Delete apps

Reaction score
How do you delete apps from Catalina/Safari like FaceTime, Apple Tv, etc.?

Reaction score
I use AppCleaner, for deleting apps. I have to set the preferences to enable deleting built in apps.
Some apps are integrated with the OS and may be difficult or impossible to remove.

Reaction score
I use AppCleaner, for deleting apps. I have to set the preferences to enable deleting built in apps.
Some apps are integrated with the OS and may be difficult or impossible to remove.

Ok, will try hate all this stuff I'll never use. Waste of space. Thanks !

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Most of the apps that come with macOS cannot be deleted. Is there a reason you are looking to delete them - don't use them, need the disk space, etc.?

C

Reaction score
Hi,

Most of the apps that come with macOS cannot be deleted. Is there a reason you are looking to delete them - don't use them, need the disk space, etc.?

C
None of them would delete ! Face time don't want, Chess, etc. Just deleted the app itself, too. Mac is as bad as Windows won't let U
make your own choices. sheesh..............

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Most of the built-in apps don't take a lot of space - FaceTime ~13.2 MB, Chess ~7.3 MB, etc. I never use most of them either. Unfortunately, many of them have components that are used system-wide, and Apple is ever increasing the security/integrity of macOS, so that require components aren't deleted which would cause system stability issues.

Yes, it can be a pain to scroll through them all in the Applications folder, but that is what the Dock and Launchpad can help with.

Sorry, but it is what it is. ;)

C

Reaction score
Crippling your system is not the best way. It is not what you want to hear but it is the one honest advice I can give. To delete the macOS inbuilt application, like Safari, Mail or FaceTime, disable SIP > Use terminal command "csrutil disable" > Open application folder, right click on a macOS system app and delete (refer this manual). If any after effects comes in the computer, it's not my decision. If the user wish to do he is whole sole decision maker.

Ask a Question