help in iphoto

Reaction score
I duplicated a photo to edit it, cropped it nicely, and popped it back into the roll beside original. When I try to view it from elsewhere the editing doesn't show ( I see 2 originals). I want to export the cropped photo to a Website. Please help. Mac osx

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello margaret,

What version of Mac OS X are you running ( 10.x.x) ?

What version of iPhoto do you use?

When you edit a photo in iPhoto, the original isn't actually touched. iPhoto creates it own duplicate and its that which is edited. Is this the duplicate you are referring to? Or did you create a duplicate using the Edit Menu's Copy/Paste function?

When you write ...

"When I try to view it from elsewhere the editing doesn't show"

Could you please explain exactly what this means, "view from elsewhere" ...

Have you been successful in performing edits of this type in the past before this instance?

If you are relatively new at using iPhoto, did you click the "Done" button when you finished the edit?

Depending on your answer to my above querie regarding editing, can you see both the original and the duplicate (if you created your own duplicate) sitting alongside each other in the iPhoto Library?

If so, then when you click to view the edited photo, does the editing show?

Ask a Question