IPhoto Help

Reaction score
I recently reinstalled OS X Yosemite after my HD crashed. I was able to backup my HD using Time Machine before the install. iPhoto was not present when I bootled back up and I can't find any of my iPhoto pictures anywhere in the backup. (I have installed Photo) My wife is going to kill me if I can restore those pictures! Any suggestion?

Reaction score
Yea I found this earlier...I'm trying to find a version of iPhoto to load. I have the older version on disk and it's not compatible with my newer version of OS....the problem is that I cannot find iPhoto anywhere. Apple says it's not available in the US (on the app store)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

iPhoto is no longer available on the App Store, as it has been replaced by Photos in Mac OS X Yosemite. However, if you purchased it or downloaded it previously, it should still show in the list under Purchases within the App Store.

Since you are running Yosemite now, you could always upgrade the old iPhoto Library to a Photos Library and go from there.

C

Reaction score
I recently reinstalled OS X Yosemite after my HD crashed. I was able to backup my HD using Time Machine before the install. iPhoto was not present when I bootled back up and I can't find any of my iPhoto pictures anywhere in the backup. (I have installed Photo) My wife is going to kill me if I can restore those pictures! Any suggestion?

Take a walk though a similar thread at Apple Discussions Your only option seems to be installing an older version of the iphoto or rolling back to an older OS X. You could also get a photo recovery application but that would cost you around $40. Better first you try all the free suggestions.

Free of cost tools http://www.cisdem.com/

Paid tools http://download.cnet.com/

Reaction score
The iPhoto app is separate from the file where all the photos are kept. Have you looked in your Home Folder>Pictures Folder to see if there is an iPhoto Library folder in there?

Ask a Question