Iphoto help

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You can use Preview for that ... try this to see if it suits you, otherwise you may be looking for a 3rd party solution ...

• Launch iPhoto, press  , to bring up the iPhoto preferences window or go to iPhoto ~> Preferences.
  • Click on the Advanced Tab then on the Edit Photos pull-down menu & choose "in application" then choose Preview from the list.
  • Select a photo & click Edit to launch Preview
  • In Preview click the Pencil icon in the toolbar to show the Annotations Toolbar
  • You may or may not have to unlock the photo to effect any changes
  • Select the rectangle with text icon in the Annotations Toolbar to start annotating.

Reaction score
You can use Preview for that ... try this to see if it suits you, otherwise you may be looking for a 3rd party solution ...

• Launch iPhoto, press  , to bring up the iPhoto preferences window or go to iPhoto ~> Preferences.
  • Click on the Advanced Tab then on the Edit Photos pull-down menu & choose "in application" then choose Preview from the list.
  • Select a photo & click Edit to launch Preview
  • In Preview click the Pencil icon in the toolbar to show the Annotations Toolbar
  • You may or may not have to unlock the photo to effect any changes
  • Select the rectangle with text icon in the Annotations Toolbar to start annotating.
thanks for getting back to me.
I can open photo in preview by just dragging to desktop, tried using tools, can set rectangle, can set arrow, but will not type text for some reason, I don't know how others do it.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
thanks for getting back to me.
I can open photo in preview by just dragging to desktop, tried using tools, can set rectangle, can set arrow, but will not type text for some reason, I don't know how others do it.

When you click on the "Text" option, just drag the mouse cursor on the image to create a rectangle or box & start typing away ... you can set the font, font size & colour too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, I can drag mouse and set box, I can click on annotate and set box, either way when I try to type......nothing.
If I click on text in toolbar.....nothing. (this must be a clue)
Also, I am not getting that drop down menu that shows text either.

Ask a Question