Lost my all my photos on iphoto- HELP

Reaction score
My iphoto library got deleted. I recently tried to back up my iphoto library by moving into google drive ( online storage) . i just dragged the file over into google drive. But the file was too big ( i hade about 60 gb of photos) google drive told me to delete it because i didnt have enough storage room. I thought when i dragged it into google drive it copied it but when i deleted it off google drive my iphoto library got deleted also somehow
can some one help me get my photos back

Reaction score
Wow. I can only sympathize. I just bought an iMac and thought I had downloaded all photos from camera. Even opened one to check. They are no where on the machine and I deleted them from the memory card thinking I had them safely stored. I don't know what I did or didn't do to cause this.

Reaction score
You need to run some recovery software to try and recover your iPhoto Library.
I lost a lot of files doing the same thing with dropbox, but was able to use my TimeCapsule backup to recover them.

Always have a current backup!

Reaction score
Pix, you don't tell us how you downloaded your files nor how you deleted them, so its a bit hard to advise.

Normally, you click the import button in iPhoto and at the end of this process iPhoto double checks if you want to delete the files.

Reaction score
Just checking you emptied trash? worth a look in the trash folder to see if its still there..

A spotlight search for iPhoto may show if its been moved to a random location

If you open iPhoto without a library in the default location it will create a new one so looks like you lost everything. Holding shift when starting iPhoto will allow you to choose the correct library.

If none of the above help the the data recovery suggestion above is go! Don't copy anything to your hard drive and use as little as possible until you can scan with recovery software. Data Rescue is a good simple app and can recover deleted files, you can do a full scan with the demo.

Good luck!

Cheers
Mac Lifesaver

Ask a Question