iPhoto 5.0.4 stopped uploading - help

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm running a PowerPC Mac,m 1.8 GHz G5 with OS X 10.4.11. For some reason iPhoto 5.0.4 has stopped uploading images for my cameras. Nor can I transfer photos to iPhoto when uploaded on my camera's software.

When I turn on the camera with the cable attached, iPhoto opens up, and I see my photos on the screen being uploaded, but then the last photo on a camera just sits there and nothing happens. When I click delete photos after transfer on iPhoto, the photos get deleted, but not uploaded, since eventually Force Quit iPhoto after 30 mins sitting on the preview of the last photo on the camera.

What should I do to get iPhoto running again without losing my libraries? It's not the camera, as it's worked for years, and the same thing is happening with other cameras.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I did a search for latest files, and found the missing photos in the Library. A new folder had been created, containing the images. These were the full size image files. There was another folder of just thumbnails. I can't open either folder of images with iphoto, but they open fine with my camera's HP editor.

Ask a Question