HELP HELP Clean Disk???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On windows i knew how to defrag C: and disk clean up. It really helped to maintain a good fast smooth operation... But Windows Still Stinks!!!! :D

ANYWAYS HELP HELP HELP......:confused:

I have had my macbook pro for a year now, with continuous use...... What do i do to clean up and to maintain my laptop???? Im running OSX 10.4

Im tryin to learn..... My laptop seems like it should have more space than it says... And it seems to be running a lillte slower....... I have deleted alot of stuff but it seems like it has not actually freed up the space.... When i verify Disk it says

"First Aid Failed"

Volume Bit Map needs minor repair
Checking volume information.
Invalid volume free block count
Invalid volume free block count
uld be %@ instead of %@)",2)
The volume T-Mack's HD needs to be repaired.
Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit
1 HFS volume checked
Volume needs repair

Thanks in advance: Mac user 4 life......

Reaction score
According to Apple, occasionally the user permissions associated with files or applications become damaged, which can prevent a file or application from working as it should. See this article. So, you might want to try to run Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Open the application, select the mounted volume for your hard drive and click "repair disk permissions." You can repair permissions easily using Disk Utility in your Mac. As for repairing the volume itself, it's best to start up from the installation disks. That way, if it finds any problems, it can repair your start-up volume. The message you got that "T-Mack's HD needs to be repaired" can be done if you start up from the installation disk.

It's also a good idea to use some maintenance program, such as MainMenu, Cocktail, MacJanitor. Any of those programs (they're free) can take care of a lot of regular maintenance routines.

Reaction score
Thanks... i had a problem and it told me to get the diske out i did that, took forever then checked again now its fixed. But now on start up im getting this below....

The application "Transport Monitor" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Transport Monitor><Transport Monitor><HotSyncLib.PPC><>"

Reaction score
You're welcome.

Please do not duplicate questions in the forum. It creates unnecessary work for everyone. The question you posted now is a duplicate of this post. See reply there. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question