IceClean deleting all files? Help a noob out!

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the program IceClean to help with basic system maintenance, but after running the "Execute all maintenance tasks" option twice (once earlier in the day, and then a second time later on) I noticed something very strange. After rebooting the second time all of my settings had been reset and so forth (this didn't happen the first time). All of my Safari bookmarks were gone, all of my pictures and word documents were gone, but all of my music and movies remained. However, one very important folder that I had left on my desktop was now completely gone. Searching for the folder or any of the files yielded zero results, so now I am quite worried. Is there any way I can get this folder back? Was this folder deleted? Is it recoverable? I'm not sure if this is related, but at the same time while I was running the second "Execute all maintenance tasks" with IceClean I was also for some reason running the maintenance tasks for Cocktail as well. Sorry, I'm a little new to Macs so I'm desperate for answers. Thanks!

Oh yeah, here's what my Mac looks like:
Powerbook 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4
Mac OSX 10.4.10

Ask a Question