apple wiped my hd - help clean up some stuff

Reaction score
The screw holding my track pad in place was stripped, and the apple store said they needed to send it off to have it replaced. I said fine, signed away my life to apple, and when I got it back the problem was fixed, but my hard drive had been "zeroed out".

whatever, I can deal with it, however I'm now having a few different problems that I just can't figure out (excuse my mac ignorance, I use my computer for getting from a-to-b and know very little about it other than what I use it for):

iphone/itunes - my itunes/computer doesn't recognize my iphone 4, and when I check to see if itunes has softward updates, it says it does, opens up "software update", which tells me everything is up to date.

flash- every webpage that says it needs flash to work gives me the option to run anyway, and it always runs (using chrome), and it works fine. When I click the "update to current version" it downloads flash, I install it, and it doesn't change the in-screen pop up on chrome that I get saying I haven't updated flash.

my mac osx is 10.5.8

any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Chrome does not use the downloaded Flash, it has it's own copy inbeded in it. You have to update the whole of Chrome.

Ask a Question