Piriform CCleaner Help Needed

Reaction score
Still trying to get used to my Mac.. after three years. I have had a past version of CCleaner on my computer. Since I upgraded to Maverick (10.8) CCleaner doesn't work. So, there is a new version of CCleaner that is supported.

Problem, when I click on Download Now, a little icon flies up from that button to the upper right corner of the window and I can see a little progress bar where Reader is. Then I go to the Spotlight and find some CCleaner History.. but, nothing to indicate a click on to open or complete the download.

I'm currently running 10.9.1

Help??? Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

To find a downloaded file, go to the following location:

Macintosh HD > Users > yourusername > Downloads

The file you are looking for will be named something like:

CCMacSetup107.dmg

That is the downloaded disk image. You simply double-click it and it will mount as a white disk called CCleaner on your desktop. You can then drag the icon as shown to install it.

You would have to fully read throughout the CCleaner website to determine if it is a paid upgrade for Mavericks compatibility.

C

Reaction score
Still using CC? I mean I stop using it years ago until I used Stellar Speedup Mac which is much better than CCleaner.

Ask a Question