CCLEANER Lost Space

Reaction score
HIya,

I downloaded an App in App store on my mac mini called CCLEANER, under the tool section there is a tool that says erase empty space on your hard drive, I started this process but it was taking so long that I stopped it mid flow, Now my system reports that I only have a 160 Gig of hard drive where as the hard drive is 500 Gig, is there anyway of sorting this problem without loosing all of my files on the hard drive?

Please can anyone advise me on what to do.

Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Firstly, you can achieve this using Disc Utility which comes pre-installed and lives in your Applications ~> Utilities Folder

I recently used Disc Utility to erase free space and found that it created a file which grew and grew until I ran out of space. So I had to quit the app and find and delete this humungous file.

I think this is what has happened to your Mac Mini.

this app is free and if you want my opinion, I would uninstall it after we sort this issue ... I remember using this utility on my PC, it was very handy in that instance.

You could try GrandPerspective to see where this space hogging file is. The only issue is if this utility will measure large files OR whether you have to upgrade to free up that option, I don't know. I use "WhatSize" but it doesn't measure files above a certain size unless you purchase a license.

Ask a Question