Help- can't turn off macbook pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I need some help. I need to update my software because I need to open a file on a newer version of an app. Every time I try to restart the computer so that I can update this software, I get this screen:

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.26.14 PM.png

I don't know what this means. When I click "continue", this window pops up again, and I click "continue" again, and it goes away. In Finder, it says I have a "remote disc", but I don't. I don't have an internal disc drive, and the external disc drive is not connected. I can't find any info on this "remote disc" and I can't eject it. I need some help please! I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Reaction score
First, what Mac model are you using?

Secondly, what exact Mac OS are you using?

Third, your statement " I don't have an internal disc drive" does not make much sense. Every Mac has some kind of internal drive (both of my Macs have SSDs for internal drives).

Finally, what software are you attempting to update?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You can receive that error message because Finder thinks you were attempting to burn a blank disc, or because there is an external hard drive, USB flash drive, or even a disk image (DMG) mounted.

Try restarting again, and uncheck the box "Reopen windows when logging back in" before clicking the Restart button.

Let us know if the issue continues.

C

Ask a Question