Glass on iMac 24" screen. how do you clean yours.?

Reaction score
Hi, I used to have an old 2012 27" iMac, and when the screen got dirty/marked I would just use a microfibre cloth & some Windex glass cleaner...

but tried that on my new 24" iMac M1 and was shocked by the amount of streaks and spots etc. (I used a led torch shining across the screen. I often have sneezing fits. many sinus ope to try and fix)

even using clean microfibre only was surprised how hard it was to remove 'clingy' dust type marks/streaks.

is the Glass special.?

and anyone have a good method for spotless cleaning.?

regards
Sandy.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I definitely do not recommend using Windex to clean the display on any Mac, expecially the newer models that have an anti-glare coating on them. There are several products designed specifically for this purpose that do not contain alcohol, ammonia, phosphates, or other chemicals that can damage those coatings.

I use Screen Mom with a microfiber cloth for all of my technology devices. It works very well and I have never had an issue with damage or streaking. Also, if you launder your microfiber cloths, make sure you do not dry them with dryer sheets, as that will leave a residue on the cloth.

Hope that helps!

C

Ask a Question