SOLVED Administrator cannot access iPad from iMac

Reaction score
Hi all,
When logged in to my iMac (14,1 running Catalina 10.15.7)) as administrator, my iPad 4 (connected directly by Apple lightning cable) appears under locations then quickly disappears, reappears, disappears repeatedly while the iPad simply beeps constantly. At same time I cannot run Spotify from iMac except when playing downloaded items. I can run spotify ok when logged in as user rather than administrator so I must have again done something wrongly or not done something correctly :)
Any suggestions ???
Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like it may be a bad cable or port on the iPad.
  • Have you tried another cable?
  • Does the cable seat fully in the port on the iPad?
  • Have you inspected/cleaned the port on the iPad - possibly some lint/foreign material preventing a good connection?
C

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like it may be a bad cable or port on the iPad.
  • Have you tried another cable?
  • Does the cable seat fully in the port on the iPad?
  • Have you inspected/cleaned the port on the iPad - possibly some lint/foreign material preventing a good connection?
C
Hi Cory,
Thanks for those suggestions. The answer to all is NO - I will give them a try tonight and we shall see what happens.
Cheers,

Reaction score
Sorry Cory for not responding earlier - I have been in Hospital having surgery. New cable works fine - simple as that

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

No worries...hope things went well for you.

Glad it was a simple fix.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

C

Ask a Question