SOLVED External monitors fro iMac 24" M1..?

Reaction score
Hi, can I hook external monitors to my new 24" iMac M1. I used to have a 27" iMac, and I should have bout the latest 27". (but I am blinded by the speed of the M1)

I would like to hook a 27" monitor or slightly larger to its if possible for photoshop.

is it possible.???

regards

Sandy

Reaction score
Hi, can I hook external monitors to my new 24" iMac M1. I used to have a 27" iMac, and I should have bout the latest 27". (but I am blinded by the speed of the M1)

I would like to hook a 27" monitor or slightly larger to its if possible for photoshop.

is it possible.???

regards

Sandy
It’s possible, but not with Monterey 12.3 at the moment. Multiple-display is not possible in most (or maybe all) Macs running 12.3. If you are still running 12.2.1 then yes. If you still have a Thunderbolt port available, I suggest getting a monitor with Display Port and connecting it with a Thunderbolt-to-Display Port cable. It’s also possible to connect through HDMI but I don’t think the M1 iMac has HDMI. USB is also possible but I never tried it myself.

Reaction score
It’s possible, but not with Monterey 12.3 at the moment. Multiple-display is not possible in most (or maybe all) Macs running 12.3. If you are still running 12.2.1 then yes. If you still have a Thunderbolt port available, I suggest getting a monitor with Display Port and connecting it with a Thunderbolt-to-Display Port cable. It’s also possible to connect through HDMI but I don’t think the M1 iMac has HDMI. USB is also possible but I never tried it myself.
thank you. learning more and more about what this M1 can and can't do...
Regards, Sandy

Ask a Question