G4 Power (or lack of)

Reaction score
Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction please. Had some 'lecy owrk done on the house and when I can to boot my Mac up - nothing. Dead in all respects. Power cord is fine and i'm suspecting the PSU is dead. I understand that possible causes are:-

Powercord fuse - checked and OK
Fuse in PSU - does it have one ?
PSU itself - how can I be sure ?
CPU battery - not sure where and how to check ?

Can someone point me in the right direction and also where I can source these things if they are dead ?
spec of Machine G4 Dual Processor (450Mhz)

TIA

Cheers

Sid

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat you are, hoping that someone can help out. My Mac is a Dual 450Mhz G4 and a couple nights ago it went into this sporactic reboot process where it restarted seven or eight times. Now the light comes on in the front for half a second and then nothing else. Hopefully someone can help us both out.

Reaction score
I'd first suggest booting from your installation disk. Once you do that, then open Disk Utility, select the mounted volume for your computer and click "Verify Disk." If there are any problems, you can then repair the disk. Also, while at it, click on "Repair Permissions." Hopefully those steps will clear the problem.

Ask a Question