Function + Up/Down

Reaction score
Hello all!

My MacBook Pro used to have a functionality with Function + Up Arrow (or Function + Down Arrow) that seemed to be equal to "Page Up" and "Page Down". However, recently, the functionality changed. It now only goes up (or down) about one line at a time. I saw related issues, where people were advised to go to System Preferences --> Mouse and TrackPad. I changed some of the scrolling speed there, but it did not change the Function + Up/Down functionality back.

I am using Version 10.9.5 of Mac OSX.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It should still work the same way, as Apple hasn't removed that functionality. It sounds like a setting has changed in  > System Preferences... > Keyboard. Do you have a USB keyboard that you can try for testing?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Thanks for your response! I just looked into System Preferences --> Keyboard. I was unable to solve it from the parameters I changed. I might be able to ask someone to borrow a USB keyboard. Would I just be looking to see if Function + Up/Down changes (acts normally) on the USB keyboard? Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, you could try an external to verify that those keys work normally. If so, then is really sounds like some form of software issue, if the keys work normally otherwise.

C

Ask a Question