Canon MG5750 (Copier Function) Prints Blank Pages!

Reaction score
Thus is only a cheap multifunction printer selling for £50. It's brand new. Normal images from the web print fine in color or B/W. However documents which are scanned for printing under its photocopy function come out blank for B/W and a very weak black for color. If I scan the documents separately, using Mac OS's excellent Image Capture (they appear very clear), and try to print, they come out a very faint black, as previously. Would this tend to indicate a fault in the printer's scanner function? Existing typed documents and web pages print out fine in color/BW. Thank you for any insights.

Reaction score
I solved the problem by removing my compatible cartridges, installing the Canon small-capacity freebies, then re-installing the compatibles. No rhyme or reason -- just try anything! These machines are so complex, and built on a low budget, that they are bound to fail at quite a high rate. The manufacturers don't care, so long as the saps buy original cartridges, which I very rarely do, but the masses comply with.

Ask a Question