Forgotton Password - Freezing When Trying To Reinstall By Holding C

Reaction score
I never needed a password to do anything on my laptop, but when i went to reinstall mac os leopard, it froze at the apple screen when holding c. i then tried to get back into mac os and it asked for my password which what utter **** coz i never thought i needed one. please help me its killing me. my exams styart on thurs

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you are prompted for a password and you haven't enabled one ... just press Return. I just had the exact same thing happen to me in the Windows XP Recovery Console, on my Windows box and pressing Return did the trick. I'm not saying it will definately work but there's no harm in giving it a try? :)

Reaction score
If it is the admin password it is asking you for , then you can change it using the original install disc.
hold c on boot up, to boot via cd then in the installer menu there is an option to change admin password (you don't need old one to do so).

thats provided you can boot from cd, as you said it froze (have you tried booting from cd again?)

Ask a Question