Font sizes

Reaction score
I would like to slightly increase the font size on ALL my applications. I've searched System Preferences, but can not find how to do so. Many thanks for whatever assistance you can provide.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, OS X doesn't support changing font sizes system-wide. Some apps like browsers, email, and word processors can zoom text. If you don't mind running the Mac's display not at its sharpest default, you can change the resolution in  > System Preferences... > Displays > Scaled. The smaller the numbers, the larger the text will be, at the expense of sharpness and screen space.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, OS X doesn't support changing font sizes system-wide. Some apps like browsers, email, and word processors can zoom text. If you don't mind running the Mac's display not at its sharpest default, you can change the resolution in  > System Preferences... > Displays > Scaled. The smaller the numbers, the larger the text will be, at the expense of sharpness and screen space.

C
Thank you, Mr Cooper. Since my main use is processing photographs, I think I'll have to live with the smaller font size. I reckon these youngsters who design computers have never considered the possibility that an octogenarian might be using their product. Thanks again, you have been a lot of help to me since I switched to a Mac.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

There used to be a third-party app that would allow you to change the font size, but that was back in the Mac OS 8/9 days.

I totally understand your predicament. My grandfather is 94 and feels the same way, and I am heading that way myself. ;)

I agree, it wouldn't be prudent to change the resolution, since you do a lot of photography work. I guess a set of bifocals would be the best solution.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question