Drop down Menus (fonts and Adobe presets) viewable, but won't click.

Reaction score
I'm away from the mac at the moment, but my company bought three new Mac computers. I believe they operate on version 10.12.??? (some number I forget). We have Creative Cloud. I have set up print presets for different printers, paper sizes, post script files, etc. ... things we frequently use. I tested them out the day that I saved the presets, and they were all working fine.

The next day, however, I went to print a file from InDesign. I clicked on the preset that I wanted to use, but when I clicked on it, the menu still read default.

Within any program on the Mac, I can also click the drop down boxes and scroll through the various font options, but when I click a font I want to use, it reverts back to the default (or whatever font was already used). The only way to actually change fonts now is to manually type in the name of the font from beginning to end in the bar and hit enter. Then, the font will change to the font I select. I can still access the drop down in InDesign to choose whether or not I want to use the italic, bold or other type of that font, and it works fine by clicking on it.

It appears that the issue is with select drop down menus. I can't try the typing solution in the print window, because it doesn't allow you to input text. How do I fix this issue. My computer is the only one that does it.

On another work computer, we can't get it to install a printer. It wants us to be administrators of the computer, but even with the correct administrator name and password, it will not install.

None of these computers have a cd drive, so we have to manually download and install the drivers.

I'm a Windows PC user, and know little about Macs. Any help on either issue would be greatly appreciated!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which models are the Macs?
-The exact version of OS X would help.
-Which version of Adobe Creative Cloud?
-Are the Macs signed in with the same Adobe CC account?
-Are you using any form of font management server/software?
-Are you using an iCloud account on the Macs?
-Which brand/model printer are you trying to setup? Is it a network printer?
-What are you trying to install for the printer? The majority of printer drivers are supplied by Apple Software Update.

You may have to export/import the presets to all of the Macs.

C

Ask a Question