[SOLVED] Drop down message box won't close

Reaction score
I am still using dial-up on my iMac G5 (ambient light) OS X 10.4.1.1 and use 2 ISPs. For some reason my Mac keeps trying to connect via Ethernet instead of the internal modem and I have to go to Diagnostics and unclick Ethernet and click Internal Modem (It is at the top of the list in Network Preferences) Sometimes this works and sometimes it will drop out after 30 minutes and I have to repeat the procedure. When I change to the other ISP I get the message window "Your settings have been changed by another application" and I click the OK button. Normally this causes the panel to close but now it keeps rolling up and rolling down every time I click OK Because it sits on top of the Network Preferences window I can't do anything with Network Preferences as the only button that works is the minimizer and I have to Force Quit to close it. Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
Re: Drop down message box won't close

PROBLEM SOLVED! Opened latest edition of MacFormat (April) to see same prob on the Q & A page. Answer was "It is a known bug on Safari 4.0.4 update so edit Location, click + then click Done." Unfortunately this. Quit System Preferences doesn't work on OSX 10.4.11! So a search on Google found the following on Justanswer.com: "Go to System Preferences, then Security -tick box "Require password to unlock each security system preference" Re opened Network Preferences - result CURED! Hope this info will help other sufferers !:)

Ask a Question