Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 - font size in code window

Reaction score
I am using Dreamweaver CS3 on a recently purchased upgraded MacPro desktop circa 2012. Since the original Adobe CS3 is no longer available, I have downloaded Adobe's replacement, which works fine. However, as my years progress, I am finding that the font size in the "Code" and "Split" views is too small to read easily.
Is there some way to enlarge the font size? (If so, I cannot find it.) The option of pressing Command + works nicely to enlarge the "Design" view, but not the "Code" view.
Any help appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If you are referring to Dreamweaver CC as "Adobe's replacement," you can adjust the font size in code view as follows:

1. In the menu bar, click Dreamweaver CC
2. Click Preferences...
3. Click Fonts
4. In Code view: > Size: change to a larger pt size - i.e. 16 pt (Largest) from the default 10 pt
5. Click Apply, then click close

The font should be larger and easier to read.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, OK, I got to your Step 3, but cannot find "Size: change to a larger pt size - i.e. 16 pt (Largest) from the default 10 pt".
I'm working in OS X 10.12.6. All I can see that looks relevant is: View>Code View Options>Word Wrap = On and Hidden Characters = ON, and
Text>Size> and Text>Size Change> {content Sizes all grayed out}

I did, however, while in Code view, go to Dreamweaver>Preferences>Fonts where the resulting window provides options to set sizes for Fixed font and Code view (font).
Unfortunately, in doing so, my Code view now shows up as all blank on this and any other ~.htm file.
That apparently is because I selected a size that does not exist in Dreamweaver. Once fixed, I now have a font size I am happy with.
Thanks for your help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries. Glad it's sorted.

Sounds like you found what I meant: Preferences... > Fonts, then changed the size in the Code view section.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question