Adobe CS3 Suite activation on MacPro 2012

Reaction score
I have a CS3 suite of programs on my old MacPro early 2008. I am trying to upgrade to a MaPro desktop 2012. I have migrated my software but CS3 requires a new Activation. Adobe servers of 10 years ago have been retired, and Adobe has made a new download of the same CS3 Suite available for download, but with different instructions and a new Activation process, and new serial numbers (S/Ns). I have used the Adobe uninstaller to remove my original CS3 programs, downloaded the newly available CS3 (about 3 hours) all as instructed and then obtained the new S/N. The install appears to be complete. On activating any of the programs, that program asks for an S/N to Activate the CS3 suite.

However, the S/N supplied is rejected and the programs will not run. I have not been able to find a way to get help from Adobe. Any suggestions to get Activation completed?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

From what I recall, when you acquire the new downloader and serial number, they aren't supposed to require activation. Maybe your previous install didn't get totally uninstalled? Did you use the newly downloaded installer for sure?

If you can't get it resolved, the best action would be to contact Adobe Customer Support by chat or phone, as there aren't any workarounds we can provide.

Good luck,

C

Ask a Question