Exclamation point of doom on ITunes songs after running Adobe CS3 cleanup...

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Here is what I did in steps to land myself in this mess of exclamation points. Before I did all this, there was nothing wrong with my Itunes...

1) I tried to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 without success, most likely because I had dragged the demo version into the trash and did not uninstall it properly (with the Adobe uninstall program).
2) I learned online that the best remedy was to run AdobeCS3Clean script (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.htm), which removed any and all Adobe-related software from my computer (including Flash).
3) I was then successful in installing Photoshop Elements.
4) I then opened Itunes to listen to some music, and to my initial shock, a good amount of songs (but not all) were no longer working - and have a grey exclamation point to the left of their names.

When I double-click them it gives me a window to go search for them. If I enter the name of the song, sometimes I will find two versions of the song - one of which is greyed out and one of which is not. In other instances, I can only find a greyed out version.

If someone possibly could offer me a little bit of insight as to how this may have happened, what I can do about it, and/or if there's a quick way to just fix my Itunes, I would greatly, GREATLY appreciate it!

Ask a Question