Font Collections

Reaction score
Recently I had a huge problem with my Mac and had to do a clean install. The problem was solved, but I've run into a problem with fonts.

I had reinstall MS Office and somehow ended up with duplicates of the four Times New Roman fonts -- regular, italic, bold, bold italic. Font Book has turned one copy of each "off".

I had Times New Roman in a Font Collection, but accessing the collection from Word, I found that TNR was missing. However, even though I'm adding it in Font Book, it still doesn't appear in Word. Any idea what the problem is?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-What version of OS X?
-Which set of fonts is disabled - the ones installed by Microsoft Office or the ones in the System > Fonts folder?
-Have you tried switching which set is enabled/disabled in Font Book?

C

Reaction score
OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

I hadn't noticed that I could see the path by hovering over the font. The MS ones were the enabled ones. But just now I switched to the other ones and restarted Word, but TNR is still not showing up in the Font Collection there.

Ask a Question