Folders on PC Server not displaying on Macbook

Reaction score
Heya again,
I've connected my Mac up to mu work PC server and most of it is fine but some folders just mysteriously don't display on my Mac. Usually newish created folders..
Is there some way i can refresh the connection or something like that? I tried disconnecting and connecting again and they still don't show..
cheers

Reaction score
hi
this is normal case .. in case if you R not one of the group who should open the folder...
you will see the folder ... you can open it sometimes but it is empty ...
you should be member of the group and have permission to see it
contact your administrator to add you to the group. or if it is private folder let the owner give you the permission to see it.
by the way .... if it is not ... Pls send me the server system and the other details so I can find it to you

Reaction score
No it's not that they're private because o can get into them on my PC at work logged in as the same name. What details do you need?
Thanks

Reaction score
what is the server system ... UNIX or NT.
how you log in from MAC? (smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or smb://server name/directory ) try to use both way.
is this system have firewall? or antivirus with firewall
if you try to login with other names from your computer .. can you or not?
if you login with your name .. can you see other folders on the same server or not...

Reaction score
you should be sure that you have permission to see these folders..... or it means all what we do is not usefull

Ask a Question