Flagged emails don't show in flags folder in High Sierra Mail

Ati

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to high Sierra and now my flagged messages do not appear in the Flagged messages folders. The folder shows the right amount of flagged messages, but they are not in the folder, e.g. out of 7 flagged messages I only see 4.
Also, when DRAFT messages were flagged (before the upgrade) I was able to edit them from within the flagged messages folder and now I can't - I have to search for them in the drafts folder to edit them. This was not the case in Mountain Lion (yeah, I know, took me a while to dare upgrade precisely because of my fear of such things happening!!)
Thanks for any advice you can give.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds like you may have Mail > View > Organize by Conversation enabled. Try unchecking/disabling that, and see if you see all 7.

C

Ati

Reaction score
Actually, I have the same problem and it is not related to the "Organize by Conversations" issue. At first I could see some of the emails, randomly. They appear and disappear as if by magic. Now none of them appear there at all, although the folder shows me the right amount and color of flagged messages. But the folder is empty.
When it used to have some messages, quite often I could not work on my draft messages from the Flagged Msgs folder (whereas before in Mountain Lion it was not a problem at all). Bugs, bugs...I have also lost some emails, again randomly as if the comp gremlin eats them up.

Ask a Question