Can I update the flagged emails in Mail 10?

Reaction score
After upgrading from Mavericks to Sierra, the flagged emails folder in Mail v.10.3 (3273) has been problematic. The folder shows 8 emails but I actually only have 3. I cannot find a way to update the folder so it only shows 3 flagged emails. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.4), Time Capsule; AGT784WNV DSL Gateway

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If you have Mail > View > Organize by Conversation enabled, then you may see more flagged items than the original email, as it will flag all responses in the conversation.

See if that accounts for the 5 "extra" emails.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

If you have Mail > View > Organize by Conversation enabled, then you may see more flagged items than the original email, as it will flag all responses in the conversation.

See if that accounts for the 5 "extra" emails.

C

Thanks but unchecking "Mail > View > Organize by Conversation" made no difference.

Reaction score
I searched for "flagged" in Users/myname/Library/ and the results showed that the 5 missing emails were located in the "Mail" folder. I double-clicked on each one and it opened the emails. I looked in Apple Mail and each of the 5 missing emails were now shown in the Flagged mailbox.
search flagged 2.jpg

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this problem. I have it too. Your solution worked for me.

Ask a Question