Updates Released to Fix Group FaceTime "Bug"

Reaction score
Updates for iOS 12.1.4 and OS 10.14.3 were released earlier today:

https://tidbits.com/2019/02/07/appl...12-1-4-and-macos-10-14-3-supplemental-update/

IN actuality, for iOS, it is simply the iOS 12.1.4 Update, whereas for the Mac, it is supplemental update to OS 10.14.3.

I have already downloaded and installed both of them on my devices, and have no issues (I was not using Group FaceTime, but it is always best to keep up to date, as there might be other things fixed).

Reaction score
How good to hear of someone willingly (and effectively) accepting iOS & MacOS updates as they arise.
Allowing for some people committed to using aged and otherwise grumpy apps who cannot get them up to date, it is generally a good idea to make use of the support for the highly priced Apple products we buy when the software improvements are free!

Reaction score
IOS and the Mac OS are free, as are all updates. Some folks want to continue using older versions of software (both Apple and third party products), which in some cases is necessary (for example, using an older Mac, or a critical program is only available in an older version). I (and others) prefer to use the latest versions. For that, I believe it is imperative to keep such software up to date.

One thing that is risky about using older versions of software is security issues. Apple has been releasing security updates for a few older versions of the Mac OS, but that will eventually stop.

Ask a Question